Monday, June 13, 2011

Wedding Ceremony, draft 1

Good afternoon, Will and Jenny would like to start off by thanking you, their families for endless support and love.
Please take a moment to remember those who could not be here in person today, but who are surely here in the wind,
in the trees, in the sky and clouds all around us. But mostly in our hearts.... [brief pause]...

They have chosen a small Irish prayer to share with you.
-Irish Marriage Blessing-
May God be with you and bless you.
May you see your children's children.
May you be poor in misfortunes
and rich in blessings.
May you know nothing but happiness
from this day forward.

[Rings]

For thousands of years lovers have exchanged rings as a token of their vows.
These simple gold bands are not of great value in themselves,
but are made precious by our wearing of them.
Your rings say that even in your uniqueness you have chosen to be bound together.
Let these rings also be a sign that love has substance as well as soul,
a present as well as a past, and that, despite its occasional sorrows,
love is a circle of happiness, wonder, and delight.

Will, take Jenny's ring and put it on her finger, and repeat after me:

Just as this circle is without end, my love for you is eternal/
Just as it is made of indestructible substance/
my commitment to you will never fail/
With this ring I take you to be my trusted confidante
and partner for life.

Jenny, take Will's ring and put it on his finger and repeat after me:

Just as this circle is without end, my love for you is eternal/
Just as it is made of indestructible substance/
my commitment to you will never fail/
With this ring I take you to be my trusted confidante
and partner for life.

As you all and the angels as their witnesses, it's my pleasure to announce Mr & Mrs Cooper,
May their promises be sealed with a kiss....

No comments:

Post a Comment