Tuesday, June 14, 2011

25 years down

Each time I tell myself I am 25, it blows my mind. It feels like my whole life before starting my family is one long saga of a chapter that has now closed. There is still so much to look forward to that I am more than happy to call myself 25 and say goodbye to childhood and welcome adulthood. Yep! It took me till I was 25 to feel like an adult! Those first 24 years I learned so much and I really had to take the long way around to find out what it was I wanted from life. It really didn't come easy to me! My late teens and early 20's, I was so uninspired. I knew there was passion buried deep, somewhere inside me, but no clue how to bring it to the surface.

I am STILL discovering who I am! And realizing it's up to me to be the person I want to be. Each day, it's easier and easier to see that person in me, I just have to keep searching. Its hard to admit I have a problem with being hard on myself and treating myself badly, so I am changing it. I DO love me, I AM super cute, I DO deserve to be happy and treat myself good.

So here's hoping I continue to love and nurture myself, and really work on being the best ME I can ;]

Goodbye, Lil Yenny, you'll always be a part of my past but now I am Mama Yenny, and God, it feels great.

No comments:

Post a Comment