Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I've never been great at titles.

I am semi new to the blogging scene so bear with me here! Ha, I am 90% talking to myself and 10% secretly hoping someone will read this someday! I have only had one previous blogging experience but that was just myspace. I actually wish I had kept up with it, there seems to be so much I have missed and will have to catch up on. One reason I am picking it back up is so that I have an outlet for all this dialouge running through my mind all day as I'm singing ABC's or making funny sounds for my baby. I try to get it all out to Will when gets home but I always forget to tell him so much! I'm also hoping to use this blog to document important milestones in my relationship and my child's life, as well as display my crafts. I have always been into scrapbooking but recently have been trying different things since the wedding is coming and I took on the feat of making everything by hand myself. It has honestly been such a fun project, this wedding! And I'm a little sad that there is only a week of planning left! I always imagined being a frazzled mess one week before my own wedding, but each day I feel nothing mounting but happiness and excitement. Our budget is under $1500 and its going to be the best wedding I have ever been to, that's a pretty good job of wedding planning if you ask me! The most expensive part is the food and even that is a HUGE deal compared to what some people pay for their weddings. See, my fiance is a chef (in training) and works for a huge resort near our home, so he is able to prepare all the food there ahead of time! And the day of the wedding the food will be grilled by my MIL's fiance, John.

The venue is perfect, serene, woodsy, intimate yet pretty big, beautiful and fresh. The ramada at Goldwater Lake. 

The menu includes: carne asada, carribean jerk chicken leg quarters, achiote-orange chicken leg quarters, a pasta salad, potato salad, veggie tray, fruit, and salsa made by the owners of our favorite mexican restaurant, Annalina's (may you rest in peace.) We will be sipping Kilt Lifter from our own Tempe, AZ! [Where little Sawyer was first made] as well as champagne for toasts provided by our good friends, The Joyals, and sparkling punch for the kiddos! With awesome silly party straws, of course!

I can't even go into the cake right now, but there will be pictures later!

I haven't begun to include any details of the decorations, I was saving them for last...
Purple, gold and brown pine cones, purple feathers, gold pebbles, purple candles, lacy candle holders, brown table runners on the tables. I could say purple a million more times ;] It's always been my fave.

Before I get carried away listing every purple thing there is I am going to sign off on this blog sesh.

TIME TO SNORE LIKE MY MAN AND MY DOG:

Meet Sammy <3 the biggest pain in my rear that I just love too much to stay mad at.


No comments:

Post a Comment